Tuesday, February 8, 2011

K-9 Mail for Android version 3.600 has been released


 After using Android for almost 2 years, I can't believe I just discovered the K-9 email client.  This weekend I deleted an email in the stock email client and there was no way to move it from trash to another IMAP folder.  This is completely wack and I'm not even an enterprise user. So I started searching for a good replacement. I found Maildroid but the AD free Pro version is a hefty $17.99, a bit steep for an Android App.   Do I decided to give K-9 a shot.

"K-9 is an opensource email client based on the Email application shipped with the initial release of Android.
K-9 is focused on making it easy to chew through large volumes of email. It's our hope that K9 leads to improvements in the core Android mail client."


K-9 has the basic features that the stock Google client does not. IMAP IDLE and Folder management.

Good stuff check it out

Grab the .apk here or from the market

14 comments:

  1. Finally been looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great client, become a staple for myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Ill check it out haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds pretty sick, that reminds me... i need to get a better phone. also, you have the best name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only just discovered Andriod? Where you been man Andriod's been awesome since day 1! ;)

    http://wowroguesgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. good i need some new email client for my android phone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get a way better phone, I had no clue the Android lived up to all the hype though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Downloading this as I am typing this! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just got a droid a month ago, i'm lovin it every passing day

    i'll defiantly have to add this application to my droid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I've been looking for an email client for my android, the old one wasn't cutting it anymore. I'll definitely look into this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently I heard you can download android on an Iphone
    Awesome Useful Sites.

    ReplyDelete